March 22, 2019 is the deadline for all grant applications.
Travel, events, and research must take place between Jan. 22nd and May. 15th, 2019.
Research development grants are intended to help support professional or academic development for current graduate and professional students in CEHD. Due to limited funding, GradSEHD grants are only available to registered students and are intended to offer partial support for individual graduate and professional students. Applicants are eligible for a maximum amount of $250. Eligible expenses include data collection, data analysis, and publication costs for research conducted independently (e.g., a thesis or dissertation).
- GradSEHD receives its funding from both the Council of Graduate Students (COGS) and the Professional Student Government (PSG). Research development grants are only available to current graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee.
- Students may only receive one research development grant per academic year.
- If grantee is using funds for data collection, IRB approval is needed. Please provide documentation of IRB approval.
Research Development Grant Policies:
- Research development grants will be awarded to graduate and professional students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Applications are available using the link below the eligibility section. Grant deadlines may be found at the top of this page.
- Research development grants will be awarded only to registered graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee. You must provide proof of payment of this fee (you may use a print-out of your University student account statement).
- Awards will be given after the grantee submits appropriate receipts and documentation.
- Grant checks must be picked-up within 30 days of your notification of their printing. After 45 days, checks become void and will not be reprinted.
- To be considered for funding, applications must provide honest, complete, and detailed information about the travel or research for which the funding is being sought. Incomplete proposals will not be considered for funding. In addition to your completed application, adequate documentation must be provided to help support your request.