Spring 2021 grant applications are open and due by March 19th. Click the link below to apply!
Research must take place between January 1 and May 10, 2021.
Research development grants are intended to help support the professional or academic development for current graduate and professional students in CEHD. Due to limited funding, GradSEHD grants are only available to registered students and are intended to offer partial support for individual graduate and professional students. Applicants are eligible for a maximum amount of $150. Eligible expenses include data collection, data analysis, and publication costs for research conducted independently (e.g., a thesis or dissertation).
- Research development grants are only available to current graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee.
- Students may only receive up to the total of one Professional Growth and/or Research Development grant ($150) for the 2020-2021 academic year. Applications from students who have already been awarded $150 for the 2020-2021 academic year will not be reviewed.
- If grantee is using funds for data collection, IRB approval is needed. Please provide documentation of IRB approval or exemption.
View the grants application checklist for required information and documents to have available.
Applications will be accepted until March 19th.
To see how applications are reviewed, you can preview the Research Development grant rubric.
Research Development Grant Policies:
- Research development grants will be awarded to graduate and professional students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Applications are available using the link below the eligibility section. Grant deadlines may be found at the top of this page.
- Research development grants will be awarded only to registered graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee. You must provide proof of payment of this fee (you may use a print-out of your University student account statement).
- Awards will be given after the grantee submits appropriate receipts and documentation. Receipts must be received by May 10, 2021 for reimbursement.
- After 45 days, checks become void and will not be redistributed.
- To be considered for funding, applications must provide honest, complete, and detailed information about the travel or research for which the funding is being sought. Incomplete proposals will not be considered for funding. In addition to your completed application, adequate documentation must be provided to help support your request.