March 22, 2019 is the deadline for all grant applications.
Travel, events, and research must take place between Jan. 22nd and May. 15th, 2019.
The primary purpose of the Professional Development Grant is to provide funding for events, programs, and services that directly impact graduate and professional students in the College of Education and Human Development (CEHD). These events can include social events or academic initiatives that contribute to the overall academic, professional, and social development of CEHD graduate and professional students.
- CEHD student organizations or groups are eligible for the Cohort Development Grant.
- GradSEHD receives its funding from both the Council of Graduate Students (COGS) and the Professional Student Government (PSG). Cohort Development Grants are only available to current graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee.
- CEHD student organizations or groups are eligible for one award up to $300 each academic year.
- The Professional Development Grant will be awarded only to programs to which all CEHD graduate and professional students have equal access without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Applications are available at the bottom of this page and must be submitted to the GradSEHD mailbox in 104 Burton Hall before the grant deadline. GradSEHD deadlines may be found at the top of this page.
- Professional Development Grants will be awarded only to registered graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee. At least one student must provide proof of payment of this fee (you may use a print-out of your University student account statement).
- Fundraisers or profit-generating events will not be funded.
- To be considered for the funding, the applications must provide honest, complete, and detailed information about the program or event for which the funding is being sought. Incomplete proposals will not be considered for funding.
- GradSEHD will not fund events retroactively – applications must be submitted prior to the event.
- If an entrance/registration fee is charged, the fee must be available to all CEHD graduate and professional students at a reduced rate. GradSEHD may assist with and advertise the selling of tickets.
- Any grant money received must be used for the event or program for which it is awarded. Unused portions of the grant must be refunded to GradSEHD.
- Publicity regarding the event program must be made throughout the College, and must state that funds were received from GradSEHD.