Spring 2022 grant applications open February 18th!
For Spring 2022, conferences, events, and research must take place between January 1 and May 10, 2022.
Professional growth grants are intended to help support the professional and/or academic development for current graduate and professional students in CEHD. Due to limited funding, GradSEHD grants are only available to registered students and are intended to offer partial support for individual graduate and professional students. Applicants are eligible for a maximum amount of $150. Eligible expenses include virtual conference/meeting registration fees, professional development event fees, and professional organization fees required for the event.
- Professional growth grants are only available to current graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee.
- Students may only receive up to the total of one Professional Growth and/or Research Development grant ($150) for the 2021-2022 academic year. Applications from students who have already been awarded $150 for the 2021-2022 academic year will not be reviewed.
- Conferences Presentation:
- The student must have been accepted to present research or other work directly related to their degree program or have a leadership role at the conference.
- The conference must evaluate abstracts through a peer review process in order to be considered as a professional conference.
- Professional Development Event:
- The professional development event must be related to the student’s academic program.
- The professional development event must be supported or run by a recognized professional in the field or professional organization.
View the grants application checklist for required information and documents to have available.
Apply now for a Spring Professional Growth Grant
Applications will be accepted until March 18th.
To see how applications are reviewed, you can preview the Professional Growth grant rubric.
- The Professional Growth Grant will be awarded to graduate and professional students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Applications are available using the link below the eligibility section.
- Professional growth grants will be awarded only to registered graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee. You must provide proof of payment of this fee (you may use a print-out of your University student account statement).
- Students are encouraged to seek additional sources of funding for remaining costs. Professional growth grants are intended to offer partial support for individual graduate and professional students.
- To be considered for funding, applications must provide honest, complete, and detailed information about the event for which the funding is being sought. Incomplete proposals will not be considered for funding. In addition to your completed application, adequate documentation must be provided to help support your request (see the application checklist for required documents).
- GradSEHD is not able to give advances. Awards will be given in full after the expenses have occurred and the grantee submits the requested documents/receipts by May 10, 2021.
- After 45 days, checks become void and will not be redistributed.