March 22, 2019 is the deadline for all grant applications.
Travel, events, and research must take place between Jan. 22nd and May. 15th, 2019.
Conference presentation grants are intended to help support professional or academic development for current graduate and professional students in CEHD. Due to limited funding, GradSEHD grants are only available to registered students and are intended to offer partial support for individual graduate and professional students. Applicants are eligible for a maximum amount of $250. Eligible expenses include airfare, ground transportation, lodging, and conference/meeting registration fee. Ground transportation and lodging within the Twin Cities Metro and alcohol are not eligible expenses.
- GradSEHD receives its funding from both the Council of Graduate Students (COGS) and the Professional Student Government (PSG). Conference presentation grants are only available to current graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee.
- Students may only receive one conference presentation grant per academic year.
- Must have been accepted to present research or other work directly related to your degree program or have leadership role at conference.
Conference Presentation Grant Policies:
- Conference presentation grants will be awarded to graduate and professional students without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
- Applications are available using the link below the eligibility section.
- Conference presentation grants will be awarded only to registered graduate and professional students in CEHD who pay the COGS or PSG Student Services Fee. You must provide proof of payment of this fee (you may use a print-out of your University student account statement).
- Students are encouraged to seek additional sources of funding for remaining costs. Conference presentation grants are intended to offer partial support for individual graduate and professional students.
- GradSEHD is not able to give advances for travel. Awards will be given in full after the travel expenses have occurred and the grantee submits appropriate documents/receipts as requested.
- Awards will be given after the grantee submits appropriate receipts and documentation within 30 days of travel.
- Grant checks must be picked-up within 30 days of your notification of their printing. After 45 days, checks become void and will not be reprinted.
- To be considered for funding, applications must provide honest, complete, and detailed information about the travel for which the funding is being sought. Incomplete proposals will not be considered for funding. In addition to your completed application, adequate documentation must be provided to help support your request.