Graduate and Professional Education Guidance and Contacts

For information from the Graduate School regarding policy updates related to COVD-19, see the COVID-19 and Graduate Education: FAQs page or contact or 612-625-2809 with questions  

For information on graduate student records management, contact Graduate Student Services and Progress at 

For information on specific department program information, assistantships or funding, requirements and degree progress, or information on specific student needs, first contact your department GPC or DGS:

Curriculum & Instruction

Educational Psychology

Family Social Science

Institute of Child Development


Organizational Leadership, Policy, and Development

Social Work

For information on student concerns, leaves of absence, degree extensions, petitions, degree clearance (pre-2013 M.Ed. students), committee requests, and faculty exception requests, contact Michael DallaValle, Assistant Director of Graduate Education, or call 612-625-5883

For information on mental health services, contact Michael DallaValle, Mental Health Advocate, or call 612-625-5883. You can also visit the Student Mental Health site for a list of available services.

For information on curriculum review and proposals, contact Patrick Doble,   

For any other CEHD Graduate and Professional Education questions or concerns contact 

Deborah R. Dillon, Senior Associate Dean for Graduate and Professional Education 

Teacher Education

For general questions and problem-solving, contact:  Krista will redirect questions to appropriate staff members as needed.

For urgent items please contact Dr. Stacy Ernst, Director, Office of Teacher Education (OTE), College of Education & Human Development (CEHD) or 612-804-6805

Multiple Pathways to Teaching

For all questions on pathways to teaching contact Laura Mogelson, Director, Multiple Pathways to Teaching, or call 612-301-1579